This strange combination is actually quite tasty as well as immunity-boosting. A cross between a savoury broth and a herbal tea.
Recipe: special tea. Latest version. Makes enough for a two-cup teapot, and it’s good for at least two hot water top-ups.
You will need*:
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed with the back of a knife
- 1/4 of a small lemon, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken up
- 1 tsp of dried peppermint
- 1 tsp of coriander seeds
- 1 tsp of liquorice bark
- 4 chunky slices of fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of black peppercorns
- a really generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- honey (optional), 1 tsp can be added after pouring
To make the tea: Add all ingredients to a teapot along with just-boiled water. Let it infuse for 5 minutes. Pour into your favourite hot-beverage vessel and drink.
*If you don’t have all the herbs and spices listed, please don’t stress. Even a tea comprising just two ingredients can be medicinal — and in our house we rarely make special tea the same way twice.